To help give you more information on our services you’ll find the answers to the questions we get asked the most below.
Businesses using off-site shredding services face increased risk and liability by breaking the chain-of-custody when disposing of confidential information. When private information is taken off-site for destruction, confidential materials may be handled by multiple parties out of your sight leaving your organisation vulnerable to error and fraud that may result in irreversible damage. M1 Document Solutions Ltd. provides you with the most secure method of on-site confidential document destruction available.
- On-site shredding is transparent, reliable and cheaper than shredding in house.
- Off-site shredding is not secure, once your documents have left the building then you have lost direct control over them.
- We shred everything onsite at your premises in front of you and you can witness the whole process.
M1 Document Solutions also provides the following shredding services in addition to our paper shredding services:
- product destruction (old uniforms, unwanted product runs, labels)
- Computer hard drives.
- Floppy disks, video tapes and CDs
- Xray film and charts
When an item is fully destroyed, the destruction process renders that product useless and keeps it out of the hands of others. Don’t settle for services that offer anything less than complete destruction.
You should choose a destruction provider that is certified. This insures that they follow stringent security practices.
M1 Document Solutions have three key standards:
- En 15713 international Data Destruction standard
- AAA Certified by NAID, the highest certification currently available in our industry.
- Qualsec, quality standard from the Irish Security Industry Association
M1 Document Solutions does not require the customer to remove any common office quality products. Clips, binders, staples, and metals are all fine.
Please be aware that documents in polypockets are shredded separately and may incur an extra charge.
We provide a drop in service at our main office on the Dublin Road, Castleblayney, Co. Monaghan, A75 NP30
Our state of the art mobile shred trucks can shred between 700 to 1000kg of paper per hour (equivalent of 7 to 10 wheelie bins), so most jobs are very quick and efficient.
There are no minimums or maximums. M1 Document Solutions can accommodate the one-time shoe box purge AND the 10,000 box purge. We have a program for all customers, both residential and business. We treat all customer needs with the same care, no matter the size of the job.
The GDPR, in articles 25 and 32, places an obligation on controllers and processors to implement data protection by design and default and 'appropriate technical and organisational measures' to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk is taken into account:
- the state of the art;
- the costs of implementation;
- the nature, scope, context and purposes of processing; and
- the likelihood and severity of the risk to the rights and freedoms of individuals.
The Data Protection Commissioners office has issued guidance that in relation to the Physical security safeguards of data, and that companies need to have demonstrable and accountable processes in place including the secure disposal of paper records.
In relation to hard drives that are not being recycled/reused, these can be physically destroyed.
Data controllers and data processors are also obliged to ensure that their staff and "other persons at the place of work" are aware of security measures and comply with them. The legal obligation to keep personal data secure applies to every data controller and data processor, regardless of size. The physical destruction of old paper and hard drives helps ensures that your company is in compliance with this obligation.
The National Association of Information Destruction (NAID) is the non-profit, standards-setting authority for the shredding and destruction industry. NAID AAA Certification is the most recognized and acknowledged verification of data destruction qualifications in the world. The program has:
- More than 950 NAID AAA Certified locations now operate on 5 continents
- Many government agencies require NAID AAA Certification to destroy their discarded sensitive media
It is also the most meaningful and robust secure data destruction validation program, as it:
- Verifies service provider compliance with all data protection regulations, fulfilling the client’s legal responsibility to do so
- Qualifies as the service provider Risk Assessment as required under the HIPAA Security Rule
- Qualifies as the required vendor selection due diligence required by all data protection regulations
- Complies with the GDPR General Data Protection Regulation
A Certificate of Destruction is a document provided to you after your documents are destroyed. It includes the time, date, and location of shredding, and can be used to demonstrate compliance with the GDPR.
ALL of M1 Shredding certificates will help your company demonstrate compliance
With the right paper shredding provider, your shredded documents are recycled. At the end of your paper shredding project, your shredded documents are baled and shipped to an authorized paper recycling provider. The paper pulp is used to produce a wide variety of consumer and business products.
We accept cash, cheques, credit card, paypal and eft. Credit Card payments can be taken on the day with the driver, or a paypal/credit card link can be sent.