Safe and Secure PC Disposal
If old PC’s get into the wrong hands, sensitive data still existing inside these old computers can be intercepted and downloaded. You should also ensure that any important or sensitive data that may have been stored on a computer is properly removed. This entails running special ‘data scrubbing’ tools to permanently delete your data. Using the normal ‘delete’ key is normally not sufficient to remove confidential or sensitive data.
This form of data leaks are the easiest for cyber-attackers to infiltrate and steal information from. Users tend to dispose of their IT Equipment in an old-fashioned manner, in skips and rubbish bins. Users are not fully aware of the implications of the data that can be acquired from these devices.
We at M1 Document Solutions, can help this process of safely and securely destroying PCs and general IT equipment. Take a look at our services here and how we can help your organisation reach peace of mind.
Modern smartphones have the capacity to hold almost every detail about your life in a single handheld device, and a wide range of tasks can be achieved almost instantaneously. Malicious software such as Trojans, viruses and worms are all names of different kind of threats to target your sensitive information. We will look at the main risks and simple tips on how to combat these threats.
Some of the main risks with smartphone security are
- Smartphone loss or theft
- Loss of sensitive data
- Malicious software
- Unauthorised network access
Combat with these simple tips:
- Enable a pass code to use your smartphone and set it to auto-lock after a few minutes of inactivity.
- Backup your data using recovery software, usually supplied with the device.
- Carefully consider the source of any applications you download.
- Carefully consider the permission to your data required by any application you install.
- Wherever possible, prevent sensitive data from being stored on your smartphone devices in the first place.
- Encrypt the data on your smartphone where possible, this can be done in most modern phones, in the settings.